I love understated, minimal nails--but I also have a weakness for glitter! This was a good compromise for me :)
What You'll Need:
OPI By Sephora - Only Gold For Me [or any multi-sized glitter]
Deborah Lippmann - Here Comes the Queen [or any fine, flaky glitter; Essie's As Gold As It Gets is a good dupe]
Butter London - Yummy Mummy [or any nude]
1. one coat of Yummy Mummy
2. Using small light strokes, dab on Here Comes the Queen about halfway down the nail; work your way up to about 1/4th down the nail.
3. Dab on Only Gold for Me about 3/4ths down the nail, and work your way up to about 2/3rds down the nil. Most of the glitter should be concentrated towards the tip.
4. [optional] clear top coat. I find Only Gold for Me so difficult to remove, it's virtually impossible to chip.
How to Remove:
Glitter polish is notoriously difficult to remove--it's almost impossible with a regular cotton ball. A good-quality polish remover makes a world's difference!
1. soak something with an abrasive surface (like those rough facial pads, or a toothbrush) in polish remover, and scrub with pressure.
2. Soak small cotton balls in remover, then attach them to your nail surface by wrapping your fingers in foil (for a better explanation and visuals, go here).